○ Booking The Wedding ○
Why Should I hire Alyssa Pro Makeup for my wedding day?
Before you remove professional wedding makeup from your wedding budget, here are a few reasons to consider why hiring a professional is necessary!
- Relax about the details – As a busy bride you will more than likely spend the time before your wedding worrying about all the little details about your special day. As a professional makeup artist, I have one worry – YOU and your bridal party. Making sure the bride and bridal party look and feel beautiful is what I do. As a professionally-trained artist I ensure that you and your party will look and feel your absolute best – especially amidst the wedding day chaos.
- Your Photos are Forever – Your wedding day photos will go on to live for years to come for you and your loved ones. A professional makeup artist knows how to make sure you look great in person and in photos. You will need proper skin preparation and makeup application that will look amazing in any type of lighting situation. Applying the right kind of makeup for photography and video requires thorough knowledge of the products and the techniques of a professional makeup artist.
- You deserve it – You've done plenty of work to create the perfect wedding day; why not invest in yourself and get pampered! You will get to spend the day making precious memories with those you love and not worrying about your makeup.
- Quality products – Quality products are essential when it comes to the performance of your makeup on your wedding day. Considering your wedding day will likely be 14+ hours long, your makeup needs to be able to stand up to the test of wearability and longevity – both of which depend on your skin type. As a professional make up artist, I not only use quality products but will also have the tools and knowledge necessary to select the correct products for you!
What is the difference between airbrush and traditional makeup?
Every type of makeup has it’s own pros and cons. Every makeup artist will have their own opinion on what they prefer to use on their clients. Ultimately, it all depends on your personal preferences. If you can’t decide between the two, discuss this at your trial with your artist and see what you’re most comfortable with. Almost 90% of all clients of ours choose and prefer airbrush.
- Airbrush is a patented light-weight liquid makeup application technique that utilizes compressed air to spray a fine mist of makeup on to the skin. It is the preferred technique for digital photography, high definition TV, and bridal work. It is the most HD (high definition) foundation created. The fine mist of color covers the skin and gives the appearance of a flawless complexion. Alyssa Pro Makeup will mix foundation colors for a perfect custom blend to match your skin tone. Airbrush is ideal for almost every client and application can be customized to the desired coverage. Airbrush makeup is perfect for clients with very dry skin as airbrush does not show the texture of flaky dryness as much as traditional makeup does. Airbrush makeup is sweat, tear and transfer resistant and is captured in photographs and video beautifully. Airbrushing makeup provides a camera-ready smooth texture that lays on the skin in an even, misted pattern, creating the most natural finish to the naked eye that is virtually invisible on the digital screen. Airbrush makeup is not to be confused with the ever so popular "airbrush" tool used on the program "photoshop" to smooth texture of the skin. Airbrush makeup will even out skin tone, but does not remove texture problems with the skin such as large pores, acne, raised moles, scars, etc.
Airbrush is Ideal for brides that want the flawless look without the touch-ups. Looks beautiful in pictures and video. Beautiful natural finish which feels lightweight on the skin. Looks fresh over 12 hours. (Also Non-Toxic & Water Based)
- Traditional makeup is a Liquid, cream, and/or pressed powder that is usually applied with a sponge, brush or finger tips. Traditional makeup typically comes in the widest variety of any other makeup besides airbrush, with every shade available. It’s also the most versatile of all makeups; it can be as basic as a sheer tint of coverage, or combined with other properties to create a makeup that targets specific problems. Most traditional makeup is sweat, tear and relatively transfer resistant. Traditional makeup is ideal for clients who do not have particularly dry skin, or clients that have facial hair as the product can be pressed into the skin
What is a Bridal Trial?
And why it's important. . .
A bridal trial, also known as a wedding makeup trial, is your opportunity to express your vision, likes, dislikes and preferences for your wedding day make-up and work together with your makeup artist to create the perfect look that you love, for your perfect day. Although trials are not necessary for a bridal booking, they are strongly recommended to relieve you of unnecessary stress on your wedding day! This will also allow you to see how the makeup wears before your wedding day. Your demo will be a 90 Minute long consultation at Alyssa's studio to ensure we achieve a customized look that you will LOVE for your special day! Feel free to use your consultation before an event or photographs! We enthusiastically encourage you to put the makeup to the test!
For Rates & Services Click Below
Adding an Additional Artist:
Starting at $145/extra Artist. Minimum 8 person booking; subject to availability.
- Please Note -
A $500 minimum is required to book.
A $200.00 non-refundable retainer is required to hold your date and is due at the time of contract signing. Retainer fee is applied to total wedding day balance. All remaining fees must be paid in full 1 month prior to your special day. A wedding contract and invoice will be e-mailed to you once your date is confirmed and booked.
- A non-refundable retainer + a signed contract is required to secure your booking and guarantee your wedding services/date.
Travel Fees - I travel throughout all of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. Travel fees may apply when traveling up to a 50 mile radius. Destination weddings are also available (travel fees/lodging apply). Parking and tolls are also the client's responsibility.